We tripantu


my favorite festivity is "We tripantu or Wüñoy Tripantu, it  is Mapuche celebration and  it is held in the winter solscite (the day more short of the year in the southern hemisphere) between June 21 and 24.


The Wetripantu is celebrated in the Copihues toun, and is a popular and family  festivity with all  neighborhood association. It is a carnival that goes across the district with people wering different costumes and playing diverse instruments.

This festivity have a roots in the Mapuche culture. This date is important for them, because it is the end of the annual cycle of Earth and the begnning of the new cycle.

For the occidental culture, the wetripantu is like a the "new year", but the different between this is the significance.
The wetripantu is a austeriry celebration. Is a time before of the to get light where the universe and nature are in armony.

I like this Celebration because I can see to my friends and my family, and spend a good time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angela Davis

my life in sociology